All proceeds will go towards the Janesville Spanish Club in honor of Quincy Friedrich, a former member of Janesville Schools and the Janesville Spanish Club. Quincy was in his first year at the University of Iowa when he was tragically taken from us in a car accident.
1. All players shall play for only one team. Teams will not be permitted to
participate until all fees have been paid.
2. All teams must wear basketball jerseys during their games. Each jersey
must have the same color and they must have numbers. Basketball shoes
must be worn. All jewelry must be removed. Necklaces, earrings and
watches can not be worn during the game.
3. The team coaches are entirely responsible to make sure that their players
fully understand tournament rules and regulations.
4. Each participating team must have an adult coach on the bench at all
The entry fee deadline is due before the 1st game.
Pay online or Checks should be payable to Janesville Spanish Club.
Our address is 505 Barrick Road, Janesville, IA. 50647.
You can text or call me (Shannon Friedrich) at 515-351-1596
1. Game Clock: Games will consist of two 12-minute halves (3rd and 4th
grades) 14-minute halves (5th grade – up). The clock will not stop if a team
is ahead by 20 points or more. 5 minutes will be given to warm up. Games
will be played with 3-minute half times.
2. Overtime: All overtime will consist of three-minute periods with clock
stopping with fouls and violations in the last minute.
3. Time Outs: Each team will be given 2-time outs (1 minute) per half and
they will not carry over. In case of overtime, 1 extra time out will be given.
Basketball Tournament Rules and Regulations
Playing Rules (continue)
4. Grace Period: A five-minute grace period will be allowed for tardiness and
then if a team does not have four players to start the game, the game
clock will start. Eight minutes will be allowed for a team to present four
players to start. The team ready and waiting will begin amassing two
points per minute up to eight minutes. If at this point a team does not have
four players to start, a forfeit will be declared.
5. Team Fouls: Players will be given 5 fouls per game. Double Bonus shots
will be given after the 10th team foul, per half. There is no 1 and 1.
6. Technical Fouls: All technical fouls will count as personal fouls. A player
who receives a technical foul must sit out of the game for three minutes
before he/she will be allowed back into the game. If a player receives a
second technical foul during the same game, the player will be ejected
from the tournament.
7. 3-Pointers: High School 3-point line will be utilized in all games. (19’ line)
8. Pressing: Full-court pressing is allowed, however, there will be no pressing
if a team is 20 points ahead.
• Maximum Age. Even if grade eligible, no player may play in a division
where the player is more than one year older for the corresponding age for
the grade division. For this purpose only, the corresponding ages are
3rd/9, 4th/10, 5th/11, 6th/12, 7th/13, 8th/14, 9th/15, 10th/16, 11th-12th/17-
18. The age determination date for purposes of the Maximum Age rule is
September 1, 2014. For example, a 13-year-old 5th grader is not eligible to
participate in the 5th Grade division.
Application of Eligibility Rules
• At the discretion of the tournament organizer age groups may be
combined. If combined, age groups will not exceed one age group. For
example 4th grade will not be combined with 6th grade.
• Playing Up. A player may play up in a higher grade division.
• Playing on Multiple Teams. A player can play on only one team within a
single Grade division of any tournament. A player can play in more than
one Grade division of any tournament, provided the player is Grade
eligible for each division in which the player participates.
1. All participants, coaches and spectators shall refrain from using profanity
or verbal abuse towards other players, coaches, spectators, referees and
the tournament staff.
2. This is a Drug and Alcohol Free Event. No alcoholic beverages or drugs
are allowed on the premises. Any coach or player(s) engaged in the use of
alcohol or drugs will be disqualified from further participation in the
3. Team coaches will be responsible for the conduct of their players. Teams
and spectators shall abide by the tournament rules and regulations.
4. No food or beverages are allowed in the gymnasium. Only water and sport
drinks will be permitted.
5. The Tournament Director and the tournament staff are not responsible for
any personal items that are left behind, lost or stolen.
1. Fighting is an attempt to strike an opponent with the arms, hands, legs,
feet or a combative action by one or more players, a coach or other team
personnel. Any member or team personnel who participates in a fight shall
be immediately suspended from the game for the duration to be
determined by the Tournament Director and their Associates. Length of
suspension will be assessed on an individual basis and may be up to six
months in duration.
2. Let it be known that spectators and visitors who too elect to involve
themselves in a fight during a game, will be suspended from the facility for
a length of time to be determined by the Tournament Director and their
3. Should any team, player(s) or coach be disqualified from tournament play,
there will be no refunds.
1. Only the opposing teams coach who is playing the scheduled game can
protest a players eligibility. Player eligibility protest must be taken to the
scorers table before the start of the game. Documentation/proof must be
presented upon request. If the coach cannot provide proper proof of age
for their player(s) being protested, then player(s) will not be allowed to
participate until proof is provided.
2. The game will not be stopped to handle the protest. If the player(s) show
up late and the opposing teams coach wants to protest the player(s). That
protest will take place at half time only. If the player(s) being protested at
half time cannot provide proper proof of age then the player(s) must sit
until proof can be provided and that team will be charged with a technical
foul. As a result, the opposing team will get two free throws and the ball.
The Tournament Director has the right to alter rules, bylaws and bracket
structure as needed.