Springville Girls Basketball Winter Tournament Date: January 13, 2024
The excitement is building as the Springville Girls Basketball Winter Tournament approaches! On January 13, 2024, join us for a day filled with basketball action, sportsmanship, and team spirit for divisions for 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, and 8th grades Girls Don't miss out on a day of thrilling basketball and friendly competition at the Springville Girls Basketball Winter Tournament.
We look forward to welcoming your team for a day of sportsmanship and skill on the court!
Entry Fee: $ 165.00 per team, non-refundable. 3 game guarantee. Certified officials and full size courts for
Admission: $5.00 for adults and school-age children. Children under age 6 are admitted free.
• Two 16-minute halves with the clocking stopping the last two minutes of the game only – clock does
not stop in the first half. Each team gets 2 timeouts per team per game. Any overtime will be 1:00 - if the score is still tied after the
initial 1:00 overtime, a FT shoot-off will occur with the 5 players on the court for each team shooting one shot each. Each team will
receive one additional timeout in overtime.
Note: Clock will not stop the last 2 minutes of the game if the point margin is 13 or greater.
• Separate divisions for each grade, however, divisions may be combined if numbers warrant
• Tournament is intended for school feeder teams. Mid/low level club teams may be considered
• Teams must supply their own numbered jerseys of the same color (both light and dark if possible).
Each player must bring gym shoes, street shoes will not be allowed.
• 4th-grade divisions: No full court pressing/trapping is allowed until the last two minutes of the game and teams must play man to
man defense in the half court. No pressing/trapping once the game margin reaches 13 points. Free throws will be shot from 12 feet
•5th and 6th grade divisions: Full court pressing (man) is allowed – teams must fall back into man to man in the half court. No full
court pressing/trapping once game margin reaches 13 points
• 7th and 8th grade divisions: No defensive restrictions, (can play zone or man), but no full court pressing/trapping once game
margin reaches 13 points
• Substitutions are allowed on dead balls only just as in high school basketball
• Team Fouls kept track of. One and one bonus after 7 team fouls, 2 shot bonus after 10 team fouls
• Three point shots will be awarded
• Teams must provide their own warm up basketballs
• Arguing with officials or any other unsportsmanlike like behavior by players, coaches, or fans will
not be tolerated. These are elementary athletes and sportsmanship is an absolute must.
• Concessions will be available on site – Please do not bring coolers into the tournament.